Franck & Chausson: Fin de siècle Rachel Kolly d'Alba
- César Franck (1822-1890): Sonata in A major for violin and piano FWV 8 (1886)
- 1I. allegretto ben moderato06:04
- 2II. allegro08:26
- 3III. recitativo-fantasia (ben moderato)07:28
- 4IV. allegretto poco mosso06:08
- Ernest Chausson (1855-1899): Concert for violin, piano & string quartet op. 21 (1889-91)
- 5I. décidé14:08
- 6II. sicilienne04:21
- 7III. grave09:46
- 8IV. Finale - très animé10:28
- 9interlude (extrait de poème de l'amour et de la mer)01:57
Info zu Franck & Chausson: Fin de siècle
This new album by Rachel Kolly d'Alba takes us to the heart of this Fin de Siècle and we learn all its secrets. Accompanied for the occasion by his partner of always: Christian Chamorel, and Spektral Quartet Chicago. A glowing interpretation, deep and visionary!
Few works of the period are more recognizable than César Franck's magnificent Violin Sonata. The work has been transcribed for nearly every instrument on the planet and is a permanent staple of the repertoire. Franck's influence on Ernest Chausson's Concerto is unmistakable. A late-Romantic hybrid, the work blends elements of piano quintet and string quintet styles.
Rachel Kolly d’Alba signed worldwide with Warner Classics in 2010. Her first release of six sonatas by composer Eugène Ysaÿe burst onto the musical scene receiving unanimously high praise from international press. Her Wigmore Hall debut in April last year was reviewed in Musical Opinion as 'virtuosity of the most brilliant and effortless kind, with Christian Chamorel, time and again, proving himself to be a truly exceptional partner'.
Rachel Kolly d'Alba, violin
Christian Chamorel, piano Spektral Quartet Chicago
Keine Alben gefunden.
Keine Biografie vorhanden.