An Idea Kristina Vårlid
- Sergey Rudnev (b. 1955): The Old Lime Tree:
- 1The Old Lime Tree06:52
- Malcolm Arnold (1921 - 2006): Fantasy for guitar:
- 2Fantasy for guitar: I Prelude01:22
- 3Fantasy for guitar: II Scherzo02:34
- 4Fantasy for guitar: III Arietta02:30
- 5Fantasy for guitar: IV Fughetta01:23
- 6Fantasy for guitar: V Arietta01:53
- 7Fantasy for guitar: VI March01:29
- 8Fantasy for guitar: VII Postlude01:12
- Agustin Barrios Mangoré (1885 - 1944): La Catedral:
- 9La Catedral: I Preludio Saudade02:06
- 10La Catedral: II Andante Religioso01:53
- 11La Catedral: III Allegro Solemne03:27
- Antonio José (1902 - 1936): Sonata Para Guitarra:
- 12Sonata Para Guitarra: I Allegro moderato06:46
- 13Sonata Para Guitarra: II Minueto03:11
- 14Sonata Para Guitarra: III Pavana triste05:46
- 15Sonata Para Guitarra: IV Final04:40
- Leo Brouwer (b. 1939):
- 16An Idea (Passacaglia for Eli)03:35
Info for An Idea
Scintillating debut: There is a unique power to the way Kristina Vårlid (24) is making music. On this album is an abundance of music for guitar from the past 100 years – leaving you wanting for more. Supported by outstanding technique and strong musical instincts, Kristina’s debut recording is a treat.
Really fascinated by the big variety of sound you can produce with the guitar, Kristina likes to explore and go beyond its limitations in dynamic, sustain and colours. As a musician she looks at music thinking everything is possible, discovering new ideas with a creative approach to her repertoire and make it her own. The album is recorded in the lovely acoustics of Utstein monastery, just outside Kristina’s home town Stavanger. Kristina Vårlid (b. 1994) from Stavanger, Norway, is already an internationally acclaimed classical guitarist after winning several competitions and awards.
Kristina Vårlid, guitar
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.