Vaughan Williams: Dona Nobis Pacem - Bernstein: Chichester Psalms King's College Choir Cambridge & Stephen Cleobury
- Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872 - 1958): Dona nobis pacem:
- 1Agnus Dei03:11
- 2Beat! Beat! Drums!03:45
- 4Dirge for 2 Veterans09:46
- 5The Angel of Death has been aboard03:11
- 6O Man Greatly Beloved07:04
- Leonard Bernstein (1918 - 1990): Chichester Psalms:
- 7I. Psalm 108:2: Urah, hanevel, v'chinor! (Awake, psaltery and harp) - Psalm 100: Hariu l'Adonai kol haarets (Make a joyful noise unto …)04:07
- 8II. Psalm 23: Adonai ro-i, lo ehsar (The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want) - Psalm 2:1–4: Lamah rag'shu gayim (Why do the nations rage)05:07
- 9III. Psalm 131: Adonai, Adonai (Lord, Lord) - Psalm 133:1: Hineh mah tov (Behold, how good)09:16
- Stephen Paulus (1949 - 2014):
- 10The Road Home03:31
Info for Vaughan Williams: Dona Nobis Pacem - Bernstein: Chichester Psalms
The Choir of King’s College, Cambridge joins forces with the Britten Sinfonia, Ailish Tynan and Roderick Williams for this album of two much-loved choral works. Both are recorded in orchestrations for smaller forces to match the size of the Chapel Choir: the Dona nobis pacem is presented here in a brand-new arrangement for small orchestra, commissioned for this recording, resulting in an intimate performance that brings new and different colours to Vaughan Williams’ work. The Chichester Psalms is performed in Bernstein’s own orchestration for organ, harp and percussion, and both performances include the recently-restored Harrison & Harrison organ in King’s College Chapel.
Ailish Tynan, soprano
Roderick Williams, baritone
George Hill, treble
The Choir of King’s College, Cambridge
Stephen Cleobury, direction
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.