Into The Light Cantus
- Traditional: Angels, We Have Heard on High:
- 1Traditional: Angels, We Have Heard on High07:01
- Kenneth Jennings (1925 - 2015): O Little Town of Bethlehem:
- 2Jennings: O Little Town of Bethlehem03:30
- John Jacob Niles (1892 - 1980): I Wonder as I Wander:
- 3Niles: I Wonder as I Wander03:13
- Joni Mitchell (b. 1943): River:
- 4Mitchell: River04:21
- Cheryl Camm: Alleluia, Into the Light:
- 5Camm: Alleluia, Into the Light03:37
- Chris Foss: Love, the God Eternal:
- 6Foss: Love, the God Eternal04:33
- B. E. Boykin: O Magnum Mysterium:
- 7Boykin: O Magnum Mysterium03:13
- Rosephanye Powell (b. 1962), Traditional: Glory, Hallelujah:
- 8Powell, Traditional: Glory, Hallelujah02:11
- Francisco Grau Vegara (1947 - 2019): Mensaje de Paz:
- 9Vegara: Mensaje de Paz03:40
- Traditional: Children, Go:
- 10Traditional: Children, Go03:55
- I Saw Three Ships:
- 11Traditional: I Saw Three Ships02:53
- Jerry Brandy, Traditional: Aguinaldo Carols:
- 12Brandy, Traditional: Aguinaldo Carols04:15
- Traditional: Still, Still, Still:
- 13Traditional: Still, Still, Still02:36
- Noel Nouvelet:
- 14Traditional: Noel Nouvelet02:53
- Franz Gruber (1787 - 1863): Silent Night:
- 15Gruber: Silent Night05:12
- Chris Foss: Twas the Night Before Christmas:
- 16Foss: Twas the Night Before Christmas10:48
- Linda Kachelmeier: We Toast the Days:
- 17Kachelmeier: We Toast the Days03:11
Info zu Into The Light
Nach zwei erfolgreichen Alben bei Signum Records legt das amerikanische Vokalensemble Cantus mit Into The Light sein erstes Weihnachtsalbum vor. Das "einnehmende" (New Yorker) Low-Voice-Ensemble Cantus ist weithin bekannt für seine charakteristische Wärme und Mischung, innovative Programmierung und fesselnde Aufführungen von Musik von der Renaissance bis zum 21.
was founded in 1986 by a group of teenage girls who wanted to sing in a choir where they themselves could be in charge. More than 20 years later, Cantus is still a choir which likes to follow its own ideas. A lucky strike led to the crossing of the paths of the newly founded choir and the young singer and conductor Tove Ramlo. Tove became Cantus’ first, and so far, only conductor.
Versatility has always been one of the main characteristics of Cantus. During our entire existence we have altered between different musical genres and feel as much at home with popular music, folk music and jazz as with contemporary music and the classical choral music. We have participated in a number of international choir competitions and we believe that this has helped us to focus and perform at our best when needed. In addition to this we have also put up a number of stage performances with popular music which train us in communication with our audience. Both of these approaches have been equally important in the forming of our identity.
The members of Cantus are all amateur singers and we spend a lot of time on the choir both artistically and with the running of the organization. Being a member of Cantus is a time-consuming activity but we have great fun. And all this time we have been in charge ourselves.
has been Cantus’ conductor since the choir was founded in 1986. Tove has a permanent position in Cantus but the relationship between Tove and Cantus is much more than a simple contract. The growth and reputation of Cantus is firmly linked to Tove and her creativity.
Tove was educated from Trøndelag Conservatory of Music followed by a Master Degree in music from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. She has continued studying choir direction with Stefan Skiöld and more recently with Anders Eby, Professor of choir direction at the Royal College of Music in Stockholm, Sweden.
For many years Tove worked full-time as a freelance choir instructor but has recently taken up a part-time position at the Norwegian Choir Association, South Trøndelag Region.
Tove Ramlo-Ystad is one of Norway’s most acknowledged choir conductors. She is a very popular and inspiring guest conductor nation-wide and she is frequently used as an adjudicator in international choir competitions.
Dieses Album enthält kein Booklet