El Bohemio Thibaut Garcia
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Agustín Barrios Mangoré (1885 - 1944):
- 1Mangoré: Un sueño en la floresta08:01
- 2Mangoré: Aire de zamba02:31
- 3Mangoré: Mazurka appassionata05:39
- Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849):
- 4Chopin: 24 Preludes, Op. 28: No. 20 in C Minor (Arr. Barrios Mangoré for Guitar)01:38
- Agustín Barrios Mangoré:
- 5Mangoré: Una limosnita por el amor de Dios04:03
- 6Mangoré: Maxixe02:58
- 7Mangoré: Danza paraguaya No. 102:20
- 8Mangoré: Vidalita con variaciones (And Reading of Poem "El Bohemio")03:18
- Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827):
- 9Beethoven: Piano Sonata No. 14 in C-Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2 "Moonlight": I. Adagio sostenuto (Arr. Barrios Mangoré for Guitar)05:58
- Agustín Barrios Mangoré:
- 10Mangoré: Las abejas01:39
- 11Mangoré: Julia Florida04:20
- 12Mangoré: Villancico de Navidad02:49
- 13Mangoré: Vals, Op. 8 No. 304:20
- 14Mangoré: Vals, Op. 8 No. 404:32
- 15Mangoré: Confesión "Romanza"04:13
- 16Mangoré: Choro de saudade05:31
- 17Mangoré: Profesión de fé01:16
- 18Mangoré: Preludio en do menor02:16
- Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856):
- 19Schumann: Kinderszenen, Op. 15: No. 7, Träumerei (Arr. Barrios Mangoré for Guitar)02:57
- Agustín Barrios Mangoré:
- 20Mangoré: La Catedral: I. Preludio saudade02:16
- 21Mangoré: La Catedral: II. Andante religioso01:56
- 22Mangoré: La Catedral: III. Allegro solemne03:01
- 23Mangoré: Caazapá03:04
Info for El Bohemio
Thibaut Garcia, the Franco-Spanish guitarist, was born in 1994 in Toulouse, where he began learning the guitar at the age of seven. He then won the guitar prize in the class of Paul Ferret. At the age of 16, he was admitted to the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris, in Olivier Chassain’s class, while at the same time benefiting from the guidance of Judicaël Perroy.
At the age of 16, he was awarded the First Prize at the Ana Amalia competition in Weimar, Germany. Since then, he has won the first prize in several international competitions, in particular the Guitar Foundation of America at Oklahoma City, USA, in 2015, the José Tomas at Petrer, Spain, in 2014, and the International Competition of Seville, Spain, in 2013. Since then he has been asked to sit on their juries and to give master-classes. In 2015, he was named sponsee of the Académie Charles Cros. In 2019, he was named ‘Instrumental Revelation’ at the Victoires de la Musique Classique.
Thibaut Garcia is now being invited by the greatest guitar festivals worldwide: Australia, Canada, Spain, Finland, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Montenegro, Chili, New- Caledonia, the USA, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Romania, Russia... Since September 2016, he has been on tour in the USA and Canada, where he gave over 60 recitals during the entire season. He also performs recitals at the Festival Radio France Occitanie Montpellier, the Festival Toulouse d’Eté, the Auditorium de Bordeaux, the Konzerthaus Vienna, the Concertgbouw in Amsterdam, the Tchaikovsky Hall in Moscow, the Salle Bourgie at Montréal, the Centre de Musique de Chambre de Paris Salle Cortot, the Auditorium of the Musée d’Orsay, or the Grands Interprètes of Toulouse, the Festival Musiq’3 in Brussels, at the Seine Musicale...
In 2016, Thibaut Garcia made his concerto debut with the Orchestre National du Capitole de Toulouse. He has appeared in other concertos in the next few months, especially with the Baden-Baden Orchestra, the Orchestre National de Montpellier, Orchestre de Cannes PACA, and the Orchestre de Dijon-Bourgogne, and the BBC orchestras.
In 2017, Thibaut Garcia is appointed BBC New Generation Artist, which leads him to perform in recitals and in concerto in the UK. That year he notably made his debut in London’s Wigmore Hall.
When it comes to chamber music, Thibaut Garcia has played with Edgar Moreau, Raphaël Sévère, Jean-Frédéric Neuburger, Antoine Mornière, Boris Grelier, Anaïs Constans, La Marca brothers, Kathryn Rudge...
In 2016, he signed exclusively with Warner Classics/Erato for his recording projects, with a first release Leyendas. His second album, Bach Inspirations, was released in the fall 2018.
Thibaut Garcia, guitar
Orlando Rojas, recitation
Agustin Barrios Mangore, guitar (track 23, extracted from the Barrios Odeon recordings)
Born in Toulouse to Spanish and French parents, Thibaut Garcia was drawn to the guitar from the age of seven, inspired by his amateur guitarist father and the recordings of Andrés Segovia. He began his studies at the Paris Conservatoire aged just 16, coming to international attention soon after with several major competition wins to his name. By the time he was 21, he had taken First Prize in the International Competition of the Guitar Foundation of America, the José Tomás competition (Spain), and the International Guitar Competition of Seville, among others.
The coveted Guitar Foundation of America prize enables Garcia to undertake an extensive US tour of more than 50 concerts September-December 2016, culminating in his Carnegie Hall debut.
“What is most impressive about listening to Thibaut Garcia is the ease with which he transforms into music every technical and interpretive gesture, every breath and every silence, using the guitar as a natural extension of his own voice.” (Lorenzo Micheli, guitarist)
This album contains no booklet.