Leyendas Thibaut Garcia
Label: Warner Classics
Artist: Thibaut Garcia
Composer: Isaac Albéniz, Antonio Jiménez Manjón, Manuel de Falla, Joaquin Rodrigo, Astor Piazzolla (1921-1992), Francisco Tárrega
Album including Album cover Booklet (PDF)
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 1Albéniz / Arr Chassain: Suite Española No. 1, Op. 47: V. Asturias (Leyenda)07:01
- 2Albéniz / Arr Tarrega: Suite Española No. 1, Op. 47: III. Sevilla (Sevillanas)05:22
- 3Manjón: Aire Vasco, Op. 1908:25
- 4Falla / Arr Llobet / Pujol: 7 Canciones populares Espa?olas: I. El pa?o moruno02:01
- 5Falla / Arr Llobet / Pujol: 7 Canciones populares Espa?olas: II. Seguidilla murciana01:13
- 6Falla / Arr Llobet / Pujol: 7 Canciones populares Espa?olas: III. Asturiana02:27
- 7Falla / Arr Llobet / Pujol: 7 Canciones populares Espa?olas: IV. Jota03:32
- 8Falla / Arr Llobet / Pujol: 7 Canciones populares Espa?olas: V. Nana01:47
- 9Falla / Arr Llobet / Pujol: 7 Canciones populares Espa?olas: VI. Canci?n00:57
- 10Falla / Arr Llobet / Pujol: 7 Canciones populares Espa?olas: VII. Polo01:26
- 11Rodrigo: Invocación y danza08:58
- 12Piazzolla / Arr Assad: Estaciones Porteñas: III. Primavera Porteña04:25
- 13Piazzolla / Arr Assad: Estaciones Porteñas: I. Verano Porteño03:31
- 14Piazzolla / Arr Assad: Estaciones Porteñas: II. Otoño Porteño05:08
- 15Piazzolla / Arr Assad: Estaciones Porteñas: IV. Invierno Porteño04:25
- 16T?rrega: Recuerdos de la Alhambra04:13
Info for Leyendas
A Frenchman with Spanish blood, 22-year-old guitarist Thibaut Garcia makes his Erato debut with Leyendas (Legends), an atmospheric recital of music by Spanish and Argentinian composers: Albéniz, Falla, Rodrigo, Tárrega (his famous, shimmering Recuerdos de la Alhambra), Manjón and Piazzolla. “I wanted to show the guitar in its full glory,” says Garcia. “These legendary works are so close to my heart because they are part of my life and my travels.”
“This is music which made me love the guitar and which also reminds me of my Spanish roots. It shows various facets of the instrument, from the more popular style of Piazzolla’s Estaciones Porteñas and Falla’s Siete canciones populares españolas to the more classical, intimate and elegant world of Albéniz. I am a great fan of music from the early 20th century – it displays the full palette of colours that the guitar can offer.”
Making a guest appearance on the album is Erato cellist Edgar Moreau, who plays in the group of pieces by Falla. “This was the first time Edgar and I played together,” says Garcia. “It felt spontaneous, like two friends getting to know each other.”
Thibaut Garcia, classical guitar
Born in Toulouse to Spanish and French parents, Thibaut Garcia was drawn to the guitar from the age of seven, inspired by his amateur guitarist father and the recordings of Andrés Segovia. He began his studies at the Paris Conservatoire aged just 16, coming to international attention soon after with several major competition wins to his name. By the time he was 21, he had taken First Prize in the International Competition of the Guitar Foundation of America, the José Tomás competition (Spain), and the International Guitar Competition of Seville, among others.
The coveted Guitar Foundation of America prize enables Garcia to undertake an extensive US tour of more than 50 concerts September-December 2016, culminating in his Carnegie Hall debut.
“What is most impressive about listening to Thibaut Garcia is the ease with which he transforms into music every technical and interpretive gesture, every breath and every silence, using the guitar as a natural extension of his own voice.” (Lorenzo Micheli, guitarist)